Technology · August 5, 2022

Elon Musk’s desperate plea to his father ignored: ‘Please keep silent’

Elon Musk has asked his father to “please keep quiet” after giving an interview about their relationship with the Kyle and Jackie O’s show on Kiss FM.

Errol Musk, 76, told Australian radio station he was not proud of his billionaire son when asked about the issue live on air earlier in the week.

But the retired electrical engineer later said he got it wrong at the time because he didn’t hear the question properly.

Speaking to the Daily Mail Australia, Errol said his three daughters were so upset by the comments he made about Kyle and Jackie O that they refused to speak to him for days.

“Elon knows it’s not true, so he would never get upset about it. He just laughs at stuff like that,” Errol said.

“But the last message Elon sent me was, ‘Dad, the press is playing you like a fiddle, so please keep calm.'”

It comes after Elon accused Twitter of fraud and claimed the social media platform misled him about important aspects of his business before agreeing to a $44 billion buyout amid their court battle heated.

The Tesla boss filed the lawsuit late Thursday as he defends against Twitter’s lawsuit seeking to force him to complete the deal he was trying to cancel.

Elon argued in the Delaware court filing that the number of users who can be shown ads on the platform is far fewer than the company’s numbers.

“Twitter’s disclosures have slowly unraveled, with Twitter frantically closing the gates to information in a desperate attempt to prevent the Musk parties from exposing their fraud,” the claim reads.

In its own filing, Twitter dismissed the leaping billionaire’s argument, calling it “as implausible and contradictory as it sounds.” “According to Musk, he — the billionaire founder of several companies, advised by Wall Street bankers and lawyers — was duped by Twitter into signing a $44 billion merger agreement,” Twitter said.

Elon filed its countersuit last week, which was eventually released Thursday, along with a legal defense against Twitter’s claim that the billionaire was contractually obligated to complete the takeover deal.

“distortion, misrepresentation”

“The counterclaims are a story made for litigation that is contradicted by the evidence and common sense,” Twitter argued in the filing.

A five-day trial that will review Twitter’s lawsuit against Elon is scheduled for October 17.

The Tesla CEO wooed the Twitter executive with an offer of $54.20 per share, but then announced in July that he was terminating their agreement because the company had contacted him about its list of fake and spam accounts had misled.

Twitter, whose share price closed at $41.06 on Thursday, is sticking to its estimates that less than 5 percent of activity on the platform is due to software “bots” rather than people.

Twitter told the court that Elon’s claim that the false account count exceeded 10 percent was “unsustainable.” The company also denied Elon’s claim that he has the right to back out of the deal if Twitter’s bot count is found to be incorrect, as he didn’t ask about bots in his takeover bid.

Twitter accused Elon of fabricating a story to escape a merger agreement that he no longer found attractive.

“Twitter has complied in all respects with the merger agreement,” the company said in the filing filed with Chancery Court in Delaware.

“Musk’s counterclaims based on distortion, misrepresentation and blatant deception change nothing.” The social media platform has urged shareholders to approve the deal and has scheduled a vote on the merger for September 13.

Billions of dollars are at stake, as is the future of Twitter, which Elon says should allow any legal speech – an absolutist position that has raised fears the network could be used to incite violence.

– With AFP

Originally Posted as Silence Please: Ignored Elon Musk’s Desperate Plea to His Father